Published 3/12/20, updated 6/25/2020 1539
Thank you for being a part of keeping this area safe for the future of tourism! Rowleys Bay Resort is accepting guests! Please use our online reservation system to book or call the desk at 920-854-2385.
We know that each business is operating in a slightly different way and figuring it all out can be confusing and weird. Rowleys Bay Resort is celebrating 50 years in 2020! As a family owned business that has evolved through the decades, we know that keeping our guests and employees safe and healthy is key to helping you make those amazing vacation memories.
Here’s what we’re doing and what to expect when you visit:
- Our lobby and front desk are open for guest registration and to purchase/pickup bakery items. We’re open daily 8am-8pm.
- We’re unable to host congregations in the lobby, or give impromptu tours. If you wish to schedule a tour for a future event, please contact our groups manager (920-854-2385)
- Please feel free to use all our beautiful outdoor space and the marina across the street to enjoy your small group experience. Please join us in being socially aware and maintaining appropriate group sizes and distances for everyone’s safety and comfort.
- Our pool is currently closed (as of 6/25) but we have an ETA to open it soon! Check here or call for details on dates and new use guidance.
- We are finalizing plans to start our Friday and Saturday night fish boils and buffet in July! Check back for details on how we’ll be managing this safely, and note that reservations will be required.
- Grandma’s Swedish Bakery is open 7a-3p on Saturdays and Sundays, and we ask you PLEASE place large orders ahead of time so we are sure to have what you are looking for. We’re happy to take preorders of all sizes to guarantee your goodies. Monday-Friday, you can order ahead for pickup of goodies after 10:30am. (Please note rolls and breads will be freshly frozen during the week. They are amazing! Just thaw and eat, we’ll show you how. Go here to order.)
PS – stay with us in a lodge room for two nights between now and 4th of July weekend 2020 and the third night is on us! Call for your quick getaway details! 920-854-2385
If you have any questions please feel free to call us, and we are 100% interested in working with you so you can still enjoy a vacation with us! If you have questions about a group that was scheduled, feel free to contact Jewel by calling 920-854-2385 and dialing extension 894 during the recording.
We at Rowleys Bay Resort know that you have put a lot of time and effort into planning your destination getaway! We know once those reservations are made the excitement starts immediately – looking forward to the fun is just as fun as enjoying the fun. We also know that life isn’t happening in a bubble, and there’s so much going on around us all the time.
Please know we are aware of and monitoring the development of this situation, and taking precautions to ensure guest safety and satisfaction. What does that mean specifically?
- Each department has identified high-traffic areas they are responsible for, and will implement schedules for additional cleaning. Each department is also working with their staff to reinforce proper hand-washing and other sanitization techniques we already have in place.
- Food-service departments will decide what service changes may be necessary for cleanliness and guest comfort.
- Housekeeping will be setting up additional hand and surface sanitizer stations throughout the resort, and identifying high-traffic surfaces that need extra attention.
- The front desk will continue to communicate our cancellation policies and work with guests who wish to book their trips closer to date. You can read our policies online and access our online booking engine to plan short-notice stays.
- The front desk staff and website will have information regarding local clinics in case you have a health situation during your stay.
- At this time, the pool and hot tub will remain closed to guests until we have a process in place that meets the Badger Bounce Back guidelines for occupancy and sanitization.
- The restaurant will remain closed with a tentative opening date of July 1st.
- Visit Grandma’s Swedish Bakery for information on bakery hours.
- Please plan to bring and wear a mask when you visit. These are required for shopping at local businesses and picking up food.
What have we ALREADY been doing?
- Twice per year, at the beginning of each summer season and mid-way through it, housekeeping does a thorough deep clean of each room. This takes place whether or not there is a special risk, and our deep cleaning season will be starting soon.
- The cleaning chemicals used for surfaces are germicides, meaning they have active ingredients that kill biological contaminants (aka germs).
- We provide stations for and mandate appropriate hand-washing protocols for all employees.
What can you do?
- To avoid getting or spreading ALL types of communicable illnesses, be aware of your contact with high-traffic surfaces, such as your phone and steering wheel, doorknobs and light switches, payment counters and shopping cart handles, etc. Cover coughs, wash your hands, keep your hands away from your face, and clean up bio-spills appropriately.
- In communal areas such as public bathrooms and pools, help be part of the solution! Follow directions for proper handwashing and showering before and entering the pool. Not only will you keep the area cleaner, you’ll help prevent disappointing closures.
- Avoid touching surfaces you don’t need to touch, that someone else may be using, such as utensils and condiments, items at self-serve coffee stations, countertops and windows, etc.
- This virus specifically spreads via respiratory droplets, aka coughs and sneezes. It is less likely transmitted through surface and general airborne contact.
- As with any important topic, get your information from trusted, official sources (NOT social media or discussion groups), and consider what of what you are hearing is fact-based vs conjecture (opinion based on incomplete or wrong information).
- Seven simple steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19
Door County Cancellations, Updates, and Resources:
- Door County Event Cancellations, Changes Due to COVID-19; Peninsula Pulse
- Door County declares State of Emergency
- Sister Bay declares State of Emergency
- Township of Liberty Grove declares State of Emergency (minutes forthcoming)
Official local websites with COVID-19 information:
- Destination Door County Travel Updates
- Door County Health Department
- WI Department of Health Services Recommendations
- Q&A with DCMC Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jim Heise and DC Public Health Manager Sue Powers
Official national websites related to COVID-19:
- CDC Travel Information
- National Institutes of Health
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- World Health Organization
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Want to learn more about the facts of this and other illnesses?
- The name of the virus (SARS-CoV-2) vs the illness it causes (COVID-19)
- Dr. Amesh Adalja discusses statistics and technical details
- Dr. Nicholas Christakis discusses social impacts and recommended personal actions
- What is an epidemic? What is a pandemic?