Walmart and Amazon and Target all have the same stuff, so this year make it a post-Thanksgiving weekend in quiet Northern Door County, where plenty of unique shops are open for Small Business Saturday. Enjoy world-class food and serene scenes, avoid the traffic jams and long lines. Book a short weekend at Rowleys Bay Resort and you’ll find its just a short drive to walking trails, water-front parks, and clusters of delightful small businesses and delicious eateries.
Here are just a few shops and restaurants open the weekend after Thanksgiving:
- Gills Rock Stoneware, Ellison Bay Pottery Studios, and Lynn’s Pottery in Ellison Bay
- Space and Spot in Sister Bay
- Moonbird in Ellison Bay
- Friends of Gibraltar Arts & Crafts Fair at Sister Bay Village Hall Friday & Saturday
- Kind Goods in Sister Bay
- Hugel Haus German restaurant in Ellison Bay
- Bea’s Ho-Made Products in Gills Rock
- Uncle Tom’s Newport School Candies north of Ellison Bay
- Brew and Kick Ash coffee shops in Ellison Bay
- …and all the standard favorites! (Just Google each for more info or pick up a Peninsula Pulse.)
- Grandma’s Swedish Bakery has a selection of skorpa flavors and our famous half-pound cinnamon rolls and pecan rolls available during front desk hours.
PS – if you’re trying to get away for Thanksgiving, or just don’t want to cook, there are plenty of available buffets up here too. And we’ll provide the post-feast resting place. Call to book a room starting at just $74: 920-854-2385