When is the best time for Door County fall leaf peeping? No one loves the vague but honest answer, “it changes every year.” However, with the Travel Wisconsin Fall Color Report you can get the most topical updates and do your best to align your fall road trip with Mother Nature’s golden tint.
This interactive map helps you discover current autumn color status, as well as predict when fall splendor will be at its peak, a weather forecast to help you plan what to pack, and a list of selfie stations so you and your tribe can capture the perfect Instagramable memories.
Looking for THE BEST of Door County’s fall sightseeing? It’s all available here at Rowleys Bay Resort!
- Stay on “the quiet side” away from the traffic jams of Highway 42, but visit whenever you wish! It’s just three miles across the peninsula to all the best shopping and entertainment. Try a balcony or whirlpool room. When you stay with us, your morning coffee is on the house.
- Grandma’s Swedish Bakery is open daily and has your favorite sweet treats ready to pack up and take along on your sightseeing adventures.
- Rick’s Offroad Segway Adventures is the perfect small group experience for seeing Door County from a totally unique perspective.
- Or walk our on-site trails at your own pace for
- Designated International Dark Sky Newport State Park across the bay offers the perfect daytime and nighttime views, with amazing showy displays of fall foliage AND the Milky Way.
- After your busy day, relax on our lakefront patio with a vacation drink from Rowley’s Pub and watch history unfold during our Fish Boil Storytelling time. Reservations recommended for this one-of-a-kind experience.
- An after-dinner vacation drink and a soak in our hot tub is the perfect way to wind down.